View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #16517
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
I have the trim piece, took it off so I can rip off that scab of bondo..... If I attempt to break away the whole panel ill post more pictures haha its maybe half inch on the whole side.

Honestly dont know what to do because nothing conventional will help. Either gonna have to

1) send it to a shop, see if than redo this such as pull the metal out right then rebondo again. Seems like the whole panel is smooshed tbh so have to redraw body lines, still have hella bondo etc

2) Switch to over fenders, maybe cute out the metal and make my own bracket at least for the one section of the tail lights and pull the top metal part of the fender as much as I can then run some overs that cover the entire fender around the lights.

Either Origin type 2, chargespeed which are 50mm dont go well with type x kit or if possible get car modify wonder rear overs which are 30mm and closest thing to stock replacing from what ive found

3)Find a shell instead spend the money on body work to reshell and deal with another shot 240 chassis. I got a lot going on next year and dont have the time like I do when I was fresh out of highschool.

4)Part out and be out the game. Switch to another chassis once im done with college and making decent money then get an FD or import a genuine type x which is around the time ill finish.

Just sucks because this was my first car and put a lot of time and money into it thinking it was a clean chassis... but i guess thats DIY LOL instead of trying to make it nice with genuine parts, should of just thrashed the shit out of it like most kids now.

I wouldn't reshell or part it.
Get the bondo off, look for someone parting a car out and grab that rear section. Either replace the QP or replace just that tail light portion and do some overs.