View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #109
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Thank you everyone for all the kind replies! I have been busy with other projects and sort of pushed this to the side (which is dumb) for the last year or 2. I do have a couple small things to update though

I went back to stock S14 knuckles in the front, im not going to be drifting this car (not very much at least) so figured they were unnecessary. Also changed to ikeya formula tie rods at this point

I have wanted to have a fiberglass or carbon sunroof for quite a while but still wanted to be able to open and close the sunroof. All the ones i could find for sale were a full sunroof delete kit.

So i took a mold from the original sunroof glass

Decided to make my first one from FRP, i think it will look better paint matched rather than carbon and the weight savings isnt a big deal to me for this car

I also got this cool coolant overflow, ive been trying to get one of these for a while. I bid on one on yahoo once but it went for too way much and it just made me want one more haha

They are all brass and made by Koyo for MCR factory cars. Probably why this one was painted purple. The paint was in rough shape though and i really like the brass so i polished it

Im not sure if Koyo made a non-MCR factory version or if the MCR etching on this one was sanded off when it was prepped for paint but here is what they look like with the etching

Lastly, opinions which skirts should i paint? Border racing or ikeya formula. Im really back and forth on this haha