View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #22389
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
That is caused by a fairly pricy little pain in the ass called the VSS or Variable Speed Sensor that is in your transmission
Interesting, I thought that would've killed both the speedometer and odometer. The functionality of my speedometer has not changed since the odo stopped working, though it has always acted up intermediately(get's caught up around 40mph).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Variable? or Vehicle? Speed sensor for sure. When youre driving try tapping the cluster to see if the needle jumps. I had an issue where my cluster speedometer was bad and I had to tap it to get the needle to jump to the actual speed.
Oh man, funny you say that. That's been the case with this cluster not long after I swapped it out a couple of years ago. Haha. The Tapping method hasn't seemed to work for sometime now.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote