View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #175
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
after countless people's suggestions, i ended up ordering an exedy stage 2 cerametalic 3-puc and flywheel. the car was sitting at my buddy's shop for a couple weeks and when i went there to install the clutch, it started smoking like crazy. figured it would just burn off, so i loaded it on the trailer and took it home.

i removed the livery and finally got around to painting and installing the box canards.

also decided to give grippy front tires another go

went to the track and unloaded the car the day before so i could somewhat "break in" the clutch on the way to and from the hotel. the car smoked pretty bad when i unloaded it, but i still thought it would go away, but on the 10 minute drive to the hotel, nothing changed clutch felt great though

figured the valve seals or guides were the source of the oil burning. had my friend follow me to the track in the morning to verify the smoke was mostly on idle and decel, which it was.

like always, i said fuck it, and still drove, despite blowing more smoke than a subaru meet. just added a bit of oil a couple times throughout the day. i've been planning on doing a refresh anyway because i don't trust the work we did a couple years ago when i had the motor in and out 3 times in 6 months or whatever, so i figured any additional damage done would be fixed anyway haha

drove with roy all day. super fun challenge to keep up with him. 255 nt05 @28psi vs 225 kr20 @20psi hahaha

also worked on chucks a bit at the end of the day (last clip of vid below). i've never really tried to throw "backies" before, because my focus has always been on tandem and consistency. was a fun change of pace. the car definitely feels way better with grip up front now. next is to get the back end hooked up a bit better too... once the motor is in good shape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLkkN6SUgU