View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
What am I missing here. Why would anybody pay more than $3/foot for line that has weaker properties than 1000psi ethanol compatible braided hose.

Better yet, why would anybody use a non fuel injection hose on a fuel injected car. Or or any car for that matter.

I.e. if I have a carb'd fuel system running at 3psi and I know that I can get away with line rated at 3psi, why wouldn't I not use the highest possible quality line anyways since I was changing the line anyways?

The only reason I could see to use the cheaper line is to save $$$
but seriously, saving how much $$ for is worth safety in the fuel system? I am better off with the fuel injection hose even in a 3psi system because it is truly stronger and more reliable. Its the same for any other car part- yeah they sell cheap brakes, cheap plugs, cheap whatevers. But how much $$ is it worth the savings for a part that I only change once every 10-20 years?
what the fuck are you crying about? are you saying those stainless steel lines with hose clamps (what i've always considered to be knock off -6an lines for people who can't afford -6an and want the -6an "look") to be capable of 1000psi and ethanol compatible?

i've never looked into those "knock off -6an", so how bout you post links to actual discussions of this, instead of your blah blah hissy fit.

are you saying those "knock off -6an" lines are better than SAE J30R9 hoses?
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote