View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #148
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
So went to the drift event and rod knocked the motor first couple of turns. Go to find out that I might have been just “that” much low of oil and the ARC oil pan didn’t have those trap door baffles. No idea how it happened but motor was smoked.

Packed it up, went home and pulled the motor. Went the following Monday or Tuesday and bought a S15 SR20. No more games. If this thing blows up, I either gotta rebuild or just quit at this point.

I’m keeping this motor stock. Just a drop in swap to get me through SuperD and Another event next year. Defiantly not drifting any events next summer in Texas because the heat is getting unbearable.
You should sell that ARC oil pan, any collector of abbey road would probably buy despite the setbacks of no trap doors. Then you could use the cash to get a Greddy one which is better insurance for the new motor. They come with the trap doors so you don't have to stress.
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote