View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #36
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Alright. Got the rear end back together for now; but I have to re-attack it once the e-brake stuff some in from Z1. Not a big deal since I'm going to be doing the 5spd swap so I'm going to be back up under the car again anyways.

Speaking of the 5spd swap. I was waiting for brake lines to show up so I broke out the crusty brake pedal and started to clean it up along with the clutch pedal. Apparently the clutch had been rattle canned because all the paint started coming out while cleaning it. So break them both down, clean, repaint, re-grease and reassemble. No one is going to see them, but its the little things that count. My OCD would also be out of control if I'd left it..so there's that.

Had a friend swing by to borrow the steelies since his rear alignment wrecked the tires on his longchamps. I tweaked it a little for him and sent him on his way to buy new tires and a real alignment. Coupe Boiiis!!

So now that its sitting back on the ground I switched to a little bit of front prep. These bushing did not want to some out smoothly like the S13 arms did. I absolutely hate burning out bushings but there was waaaay too much material left to get my small wire wheel in there to clean the bores. Finally got it all taken care of but the arms are a little rough so i'm going to give them a splash of paint before I put the new ball joints and bushings in.

crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote