View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #260
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
A few weeks back I got a chance to swing by my "house" (very loose term at this point, but more on that later) to pick up my RB25 Neo turbo.

Car looks and runs a lot cooler with the new Top Secret bumper too

Turbine swap was fairly standard bolt-on procedure which went fairly smoothly. If youre doing this swap be sure it comes with all the standard RB25 drains as well as the rb25 inlet and it is a 100% bolt on affair. Also swapped over the rb20 wastegate actuator for 10psi goodness.

Took this time to do some much needed maintenance. this included replacing the drivers side cam cover gasket as well as change the plugs. this combined with cleaning the MAFS fixed the missfire issue. Also replaced the transmission output seal as well as put in a new speedo cable.

In doing this we found quite possibly the best "rag" in the random bag from princess auto

I still plan on doing the LS coilpack conversion but at least now I can enjoy the car.

Got to take the car out for my first ever time lapping. I've been on track for drifting countless times but never an actual lapping session. I think everyone should try it at least once, as there's so much to learn and it easily shows you the strong / weak points in your build.

For my first time out I think I did 4 or so 10 min sessions in my car. I went with a friend who agreed to show me the ropes. I hopped in his car (600whp GTST) for the first while to learn the course. Then switched back to my car, which felt painfully slow) for the next few sessions to follow his line and have his record me driving.

I had a blast. It was a really hot day but the car stayed cool, Before we go out next time I really need a set of agressive pads and grippier rear tires ($70 the chinese tires arnt cutting it). The zestinos I have up front worked really well. An oil cooler would be nice but I think I can do without for now as I am still focusing on learning and not pushing the car too hard.

-Jordie