View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Charge Circuit + Bulb Check Relay: How does it work

I am in the process of wiring my S13, from the ground up. It is a bare essentials car so I basically have zero OEM wiring. [no fuse box, relays, etc]

I've been staring at the FSM for charging and bulb check relay circuits and I am not understanding the bulb check relay. It should be simple - relay gets signal and ground to coil it turns on, remove on of those it 'clicks' off..but This is getting +12v from multiple places?

1) The W/R wire going to the alternator - what does the alternator 'do' with this wire? I am under the impression it is a switch, meaning goes to ground when engine is not running and it open when running. Is this correct?

2) Diode 'box' - i don't think I have this thing, i ditched a ton of wiring previously...anyone have a picture? [chassis connector M42 goes to it]

Anyone done a simplified version of the bulb check relay? The alternator dummy light side of things is easy enough to wire but again, without full understanding how the bulb check works I can't determine if it is necessary for proper voltage regulation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (33.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (83.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (37.9 KB, 16 views)