View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #77
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Alright, so I've got a little time so I can play a bit of catchup with this thread.

So there's a bit of a back story with the suspension arms. My man had to drill out the rear traction arms had to be drilled out another 2mm as the stock bolts wouldn't thread through. That's not a big deal, as he was able to do me a big solid and take care of that at his workplace.

The rear lower control arm was a mess... I was sent the wrong sized arms initially, and we figured it out well into taking EVERYTHING off... Good times. So after they had sent me the correct arms, it was install round two time...

This time it was going smoothly till we had to get the last bolt off connecting the lower control arm to the subframe. It wouldn't budge... We were sailing along and then BAM... Smacked it for 20 minutes... Nothing... He went home to grab a small propane torch and we heated that sucker up for time... Still nothing. I was giving up hope till we heat it up for a third time and let it cook. Either this arm is coming off, or we burn this car down.

We hit it for another 5 or so minutes (felt way longer then that) and it FINALLY moved a little bit... Thank GOD! Anyways we kept hitting it till it was finally lose and came out...

Fitted the rest of the new arms, and things are finally looking up.

Got it back down, and eyeballed the alignment and tightened things up.

Sweet, one step closer to getting this thing fitted with the new rims and to take it in for an alignment.

Also my care packages from Streeter arrived...

Timing belt kit, with a new water pump for good measure...

De-catted downpipe... I would have bought a one piece setup from Kazama Auto but the sale of the turbo that fell though had an elbow already. And speaking of Turbo's, I've been window shopping and seeing if there's anything bottom mount (CT15B) that's a decent deal. In all honesty it's either a cheaper billet Kinugawa piece, or suck it up butter cup and get a HKS/Tomei.

Next on the list is a turbo elbow... I'm leaning towards Tomei since I've visited their facility first hand, and like the quality of the goods they produce. The exchange rates are all out of wack, so it's currently cheaper for me to get it from a US vendor over Streeter.... Crazy. I'll be calling around to see who actually has one for me in stock.

I'm also ordering tires... Zestino tires for the front... Cheap Chinese rubber for the rears. Going off of what people have recommended for me, I'll be running 225/40/R18 square. The roads around here are terrible, and I might increase the rear size in the future, but for now, we will rock with it.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote