View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
Kouki1998
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kouki1998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by staying_chuki View Post
You should post pictures that would help. I had to do this about 3000 times because i drank too much and kept fuckin it up lmao. You should be at tdc to start obviously, 2nd to the left marker or put a screw driver in the #1 piston hole and crank till its all the way to the top. After that just take your sprockets and throw em on, i found it easiest to start with the exhaust side and then just muscle the chain onto the intake cam sprocket. Not 100% sure where your issue lies though since there's no pics. If you can post some i could help you get this worked out in like five minutes haha.

Also if you have everything lined up and looks good then you are done. Turnig the crank just once after its set will change where all the markers are, but your timing is still correct. It would take a good bit of turns to get everything to line up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so basically i set up the timing marks all perfectly but i also made the mistake of turning the crank when the upper timing chain was off, i am almost 100% sure i have the timing down, but i am a bit doubtful because i turned the crank independently, so my cams are at TDC. i don't know if by moving the crank by itself you risk putting everything out of whack. i'm gonna post pictures in a bit.
Kouki1998 is offline   Reply With Quote