View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #7632
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
You can get a bit of extra angle from either tie-rod spacers, or a modded knuckle.

However, if you have wide front wheels and tires, they will probably rub on the frame at full lock. That is where longer LCAs come into play. I had S13 +40mm LCAs. Started at -9* camber, maxed out the adjustment at -5* and left it there.

If I were to do it again, I would have got adjustable LCAs instead of modding the stock ones. Then I would have been able to dial in just the right amount of extra LCA length to give me frame clearance at full-lock, without all of the extra camber. With my +40mm LCAs I had more than 1" of clearance at full-lock. I could have reduced this and had less camber. Probably the -3* I had with stock LCAs.

Another option would be to modify the bump stops on the stock LCAs. You could have modded knuckles, and then just limit the steering angle before the tire rubs the frame. This would avoid having to add LCA length, and as a result, camber.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote