View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #915
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13VE View Post
I am hearing really mixed reviews about Supertech springs/retainers causing bad wear.

I've only run BCs and not for long enough to know if wear was an issue with those.

Maybe I'll just run the Kelford stuff then I can blame them if it wears

What's the shimless valve setup?
Well I mean I've seen customers use Supertech from 200HP to 2,000HP. I'd go out on a limb and say I trust their stuff.

The BC stuff is probably nice too, I've met Brian and we use their valve train in our shop car here at close to 2,000HP, I've just never run it on an VE setup.

I've also never used the Kelford stuff, generally speaking it's hard to go wrong running the cam manufacturer's springs and retainers since they're tested together.

Kelford being outside of the US kind of eliminates them from most people's shopping list, personally I like working with companies that can provide the best support so since Supertech and BC are domestic I'd favor them.

Shimless eliminates the shims that sit inside the retainers that can pop off at high RPM or by hitting the limiter. This just requires longer aftermarket valves and a competent machine shop and provides near infinite reliability.