View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 06:48 AM   #906
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13VE View Post
The question is more about which cams as I was intending on just using the stock cams from the head.
Quote:
Oh and are people putting all new valves in both heads or just using stock?

With P11 heads, Supertech springs OK with standard retainers or everyone doing Titanium retainers as well?
Quote:
I can get sr16 cams as well, but that low lobe intake duration is super low at 200.

I read mixed things about Ti retainers wearing fast and I specifically warned off supertech ve springs due to wear.

So if I can get an sr16, standard sr20ve (p11) or 20v (p12) head... What do I do lol
Note: Overlap is not your best friend for turbo engines below 700-800 BHP.

1) P11 or P12 cams are best for a proper power band.
- N1 cams have HUGE overlap. Meaning you need a huge turbine to make it even work well without taking out a ton of overlap and overall destroying driveability below 6000 RPM
- Sr16VE non N1 cams low lobes have the lowest lift of all the cams. Off boost/Off VVL, they are really unimpressive. The high lobes slot between the P12 and P11. However, the powerband is not "great"

2) If trackday, put a set of Supertech Inconel/Stainless valves. the exhaust ports are "tiny" so if you can upsize those, you will be in business

3) Springs and retainers. No need for a 123lb seat pressure. In all honesty, even the 93lbs are "kinda" high but they work. 16VE cams have such a shallow ramp angle that they can be revved out to 7800-8000 without float.

Either way, read the thread and get what better suits your budget.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote