View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

I liked white on the car, but it seemed boring to me. I didn't want anything necessarily flashy, but I didn't want a boring looking paint either. Above all, I wanted a color that looks good on the car, something that really pronounces the lines of the body. After about a week of looking at every color s-chassis in existence, I had figured out what I thought the best looking color was- white. Lol. I chose WK0 Nissan OEM Aspen White Pearl Glow. This will give the paint the extra little pizazz I was looking for.

So that settled it. I spent the next two days tearing the car apart to send to paint.

And the car was dropped off at paint the following weekend.

Although the OEM kit was extremely clean (not common these days, 2018) it had seen its fair share of scratches. Everything was sanded and filled smooth.

The body was prepped, sanded, primed, and ready for paint!

While the car was out of my hair for awhile, I travelled to Columbia and picked up a real '98 Type X front clip and a ton of extra 180SX/SR20 goodies. You never know what you may need in the future!

I also picked up a set of rear PBM coilovers to get the rear ride height where I want it, and eliminate that ridiculous rake.

Another thing I haven't mentioned is that I got a GREX shift knob, a Nardi Classic 330, and two Hoshiko EB48 cup holders to make the interior more period correct.

Okay, okay, back to the car. I got it back a month later, and immediately started reassembling it.

The car was almost finished, and I decided to bring it down to Lanier Raceplex for Excite GP Volume 1, a little grassroots drift competition.

The next week I finished putting the rear valances on, and spent about 2 days washing, waxing, vacuuming, and wiping down the car to bring it to a show in Atlanta.

A few days before the show, my starter burned out. Fortunately, I had an extra one I picked up with the front clip!

Me and some friends headed down to ATL for the show. I caught a flat tire bringing it into the show on day 1, but luckily the leak wasn't bad enough to cause a major inconvenience. I had a great time!

Well, I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of things, but that pretty much brings you up to speed on my 180SX build throughout the past year! Many, many things to come in the future, and I look forward to writing about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk