View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #11215
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I think the NC got not such a great rep for the hotdog on wheels like exterior design, especially prior to the refresh I think in '13. I recall it was heavier than the NB/NAs but some amount, most likely negible.

Personally I like the NC. I find its a really good car, esp the '13-'15 clubs with hardtop. I'm not sure I'd call it a cheap. That is unless you are okay spending around 8k for something with 120k miles on it (what I could find and I have been eyeing the NC's for the past year on a good deal). I would rather get a used 15 NC club hardtop w/ 20k miles @ 15k than a new ND RF new at close to $35k, so its still a decent value. I like the ND too, but hard to justify its price given the considerably cheaper used models. Get the RF and it ends up being just as heavy than the ND if not more so.

Best thing about these cars are they are so much fun on the track and street relatively stock. Still miss my NA I had years ago. Tires won't cost a fortune in the long run if you track them. I think insurance isn't so bad either. I would not really want to mod these extensively and perhaps join some old farts miata club or something like that.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote