View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #21570
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=LoSt180;6254494]Do you shut engine off, unplug, then restart engine; or are you unplugging the TPS while the engine is running? Also is car warmed up when you're doing this? Make sense your engine shuts off if you unplug while running since the ECU thinks something broke while running.

At this point with the questions you're asking, I would highly recommend you download the FSM and start there. You'll wan't the "EC" (engine control) pages to start. http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/[/QIf

If i unplug it while its running it will stop idling. If i shut the engine off, unplug it, then start the engine, it runs as if I never unplugged it. My car idles poorly and this also makes it hard to set base timing. Yes the car is warmed up when i do this. I checked out the fsm and I have not found anything that describes my problem. I have found stuff that will help me fix my idle but i would like to set base timing first. I have also tested the tps itself and it tested good except the drops to 0 right before you reach full throttle then it goes to 4 volts.(I thought it should be 5 but the fsm says it can be around 4.) But i don't think that will affect idle. Thank you for the suggestions. car is a 1990 with ka24e btw
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote