View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #30
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Small update, finally got to work on this turd again. I set out to get the suspension sorted today, but only got the front, half done. I've been super busy helping my buddy with his S13 and honestly I am fine with it because I don't even have a motor for this yet.

Anyway, I did get to install some of the goodies I bought on my front coils. New Swift 8k springs, revised dust boots/bump stops and revised lower mounts all installed and ready to rock. Also removed the collar under the pillow ball, this was suggested by Powertrix and on the Z32 its really not needed. Really excited to see how the 8k/7k spring rates work out with the SR.

If you've ever worked on a Z32, you know the front suspension is a pain in the ass. All I wanted was to pull my LCA to install the new ball joint and bushings, but ended up ripping out the upright because its just easier that way. Guess its okay, gives me an excuse to give everything a good look over.

The SR was also dropped off last weekend to my buddy Juan at Bardabe Performance. Its in good hands and I am super excited to get it back and get this thing on the road. Making some expensive decisions now to make sure it is super solid for anything I want to throw at it in the future.

As for the S13 I have been working on, figured I'd just put updates on it here too. Background on the car is shitty, a buddy bought it with a blown KA for a project and had his SR stolen by a local shop. He abandoned the project and it sat on some land owned by a family member of mine for about a year. Another friend started to show interest in it and it ended up being given to him.

We've got the new heart for it already, a Type X SR20DE. Decided on this because of a limited budget, but also because it gives room to grow in the future. With the loads of extra SR junk I have we will easily be able to built the motor in the future. Overall its pretty clean, we went through it and resealed everything top to bottom and cleaned up some other stuff. Its basically drop in ready now, we just need a few more bits then it will be up and running.

The clutch on the motor ended up being completely fucked, gotta love these JDM importers that always say "45k low mileage motor" in their ads... With it being a DE, we couldn't find a clutch that would work so we opted for a full DET setup. Again trying to save some cash, a local friend came to the rescue with a Spec Stage 3 and flywheel. Obviously overkill, but it'll work.

With the car sitting outside with no windows for a year we are in the process of ripping everything out of it. Getting rid of anything that we don't need will help lighten the car up and with a non turbo SR that means it will be slightly less gutless

Next weekend I hope to finish all of the suspension on the Z, I've got Saturday off so it will be easier to spend some time working on it. Hopefully the S13 will move for the first time in a few years too, can't wait to see how the car feels with it.