View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #15
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Ahhh... I was so confused... lol thanks

This thread needs more pics. Be the hero we need, but don't deserve.
So on the topic of Purist. Honestly what it really boils down to is what you want. Being someone who started his first steps on this car forum to owning Corner3motorsports and starting the Nissan Challenge and Subaru Challenge series things I thought I knew about or my understanding of brands and parts has totally changed and I keep learning more everday.

Japanese Brands. Back then Japan was at the fore front of the car world. Every part was based in racing and performance that's what they were developed for and trickled down into the aftermarket. Parts based, on pefromance. In today's world to keep up with competition from the US, China and other producers there has been a decline in quality mainly to keep up with competition. Any consumer that thinks oh its Japanese and marks it as good shit still has the lingering influence of the past. Some Japanese "brands" now a days are really no better than China stuff. They just did better marketing and put some japanese fonts and heritage around it. Really anything good you have to be a bit in the know to understand since those companies still have the mindset of catering to racing and Don't really market to our demographics.

Instant Gratification and Social Media: A lot of the new enthusiast were born into ease of access and instant gratication having it now getting what they want now without much thought into the why. With the shift away from brick and motor shops and everyone's ability to "Open their own thing" and e-commerce has taken a lot of the knowledge base away. Social media now has influencers. New enthusiast see those cars and mimic them. I never fault them most of them don't really know any better. When they start to mimic the rhyme and reason on how the car got that way gets lost and you just get a jumble of parts and attempts to get a look but not the performance.

But anyways I can go on foooor days but we will do that another day.

In short to build a good community you have to educate, have good communication. You'll be surprised how many customers I have that could have ended up being ricers but when you build a good relationship and help them you get better builds. A lot of stuff people have asked for I basically asked the question why and thats how the conversation started and all of a sudden they know more they know better and are now able to make better descisions and purchases vs slapping whatever is on.

Dont Mind the paint. Spirit Rei Splitters great look! The front can not withstand track use. One of those compomises because I still wanted to be cool. They will be saved for street use not track

This seibon hood looks cool thats about it. The vents arent in the proper location. A great example of knowing better would have influenced my decision on a better hood. If you just want the look go for it. Saves weight.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote