View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #25
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
We live in an age of instant gratification.

When Black Friday goes throughout the weekend and Cyber Monday lasts damn near all week you have to wonder what's going on as a society. The need to have everything NOW is what makes these dumb fucking kids so quick to buy multiple sets of a replica parts vice one quality part. I think we've all been there but most of us moved on and our taste changed.

A lot of my friends give me shit for hunting (and spending money on) OEM cars. I'm willing to pay 'extra' for a car that hasn't been fucked with or fucked up. I guess, in that way, I'm a purist of sorts...but Damon put it best: it's an era most people commit to.

Like tacotacotaco said it all depends on the quality of the part. If something that isn't (INSERT BIG NAME COMPANY) works shittier than something from (INSERT SMALLER COMPANY) then anyone who gives a fuck about their car would use the latter. The people doing it for the 'gram or whatever would buy the name-brand. Does anyone realize a lot of JDM shit is outsourced nowadays? No. They'd rather drop a #JDM on IG.

Dorki's aero is another point: why in the fuck would anyone pay $800 for a God damn Type X lip when his shit fits well and is more durable?

The term purist has different degrees. Maybe some dudes are era purists to a fault while other guys are quality purists.