View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #12
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Shout out to Future240 for cleaning this thread up, back to business!

Suspension has and will always be my first priority when it comes to building a car, if you're driving a car with 25 year old rubber bushings all around you're looking for trouble. Front upper control arms are necessary for going low, only good option is Powertrix and they are insanely nice parts. Shout out to Charles over at Powertrix for hooking me up with the latest version of the adjuster collars for them. Great adjuster design, threw some anti-seize on them to make sure they stay easy to adjust.

My S13 got the full Voodoo13 catalog and was great, but I decided to go with GKTech this time around. GKTech has a much better adjuster and their parts are very reasonably priced, win win. Tension rods are on the car at the moment, but I have basically every other arm waiting to be installed along with solid subframe and diff bushings. Fun fact, the Z32 shares most suspension components with the S13.

My front rotors were cracked and worn to shit, the only reasonable and responsible thing to to was to buy a BBK. Decided to support a local, Arizona ZCar, and grabbed his front 4 pot Wilwood, 13in 2pc rotor kit. Super nice overall, fit and finish is great and the setup is significantly lighter than iron Z calipers/1pc rotors. Also threw some Stoptech rear slotted rotors, Stoptech sport pads and Centric braided lines out back. Fantastic combo overall, huge improvement over what was on the car...

This is the last picture of the car before the VG was torn out, makes me sad looking at it, but here is to the next stage of this old hag.

Last edited by tb13; 11-27-2017 at 08:05 PM..
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote