View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #7517
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
I keep seeing this shared on FB and I cannot for the life of me figure out why these would be beneficial on an S-chassis.

Doesn’t fix overcentering. The outer joint relative to the knuckle and the inner joint relative to the rack haven’t changed. Now there’s just a squiggly line in between, instead of a straight one.

Doesn’t help steering angle. The tie rod’s balljoint cup already stops against the FLCA, so the offset doesn’t gain you any extra travel.

Anyone know what these are for? Or is this just a marketing gimmick, similar to the stepped FLCAs that people were claiming as roll center correcting?

Attachment 101917

Edit - spelling
Looks like an attempt for over centering correction (think of offset rack spacers).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote