View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #24
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
At this point the car was almost done. I rewired the cooling fan into the passenger side fuse box and the ignition coil to the drivers side box for an oem look, then printed off some labels.

I decided to paint the intercooler core black and trimmed as little as possible to fit the crash support over it. The core is secured with 4 brackets and is as solidly mounted as it can be. That said, I have a Greddy core that I will be installing at some point. I need to get it patched and painted.

As I said before, I didn't want to run gauges. That was a big selling factor on the Nismotronic, being able to run gauges on tunerview on my phone. Unfortunately, to run the wideband to the ecu, I still had to have it hooked up and running. So I decided to mount it in the glove box all stealth like.

Now the car was ready for fluids. For the oil, I kept the Rotella 15w-40 w/ Wix filter I had been running for 3 years. For coolant I went with 50/50 and a bottle of water wetter. I changed it up on the trans fluid. I have always run Pennzoil Synchromesh with good luck. I was going to try Redline but didn't like how it shifts really hard when cold. So I picked up some Amsoil fluid and what a difference it made. With every penny of the $16/qt.

The car started right up and I was able to drive it around the block. It was now June/July so it had been a few months since I had driven it.

With that, the car was almost ready to hit the dyno. I decided to trade out the C's short shifter for a Tomei shiter. Put on a brass bushing and new rubber boot.

And lastly, I put the finishing touch on the engine bay. If you remember, I had a member here hydropdip my SR valve cover in woodgrain. I wanted to keep the theme alive so I hit him up and sent the KA cover to be done, and it came out rad.

Off to the dyno she went, which I'll come back to.