View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #42
CompleteXen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
CompleteXen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Never been a fan of rb swaps myself, but you definitely have a clean blank slate.
Best advice I can give is do not get caught up in the build. Do the least amount of work necessary, in the cleanest or most thorough way you can.
Get it done and drive the car. Fix or modify things as you deem them necessary after driving it. One thing at at time.

It's too easy to get caught up in the build and next thing you know the car has been on jackstands for two years..
I think it's better to do one thing, finish it, and drive again.
Upgrade/Build the car one part at a time and not tear the whole thing apart with tons of different ugrades all at the same time.
But that's just me because I made the same mistake.
Probably the best advice someone can receive when jumping into a build.

I have way too many customers who come in wanting a small bit of power, they come in for a GTE swap or to install a single turbo aiming for small increase. You quickly see the builds spiral out of control, as our minds work faster than our hands.. Never limit yourself just understand to pace your build for your own enjoyment.

Clean ass car, might want to consider a 1J VVTI setup over the RB but thats just personal preference.
CompleteXen is offline   Reply With Quote