View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #681
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
No. The problem is the cost placed on us by insurance companies and pharmaceuticals. Medicaid has worked well for the last 60 years actually.

I should not be getting a bill from the ER for $25,000 for an over night visit. OTC Advil (which is issued in the ER) should not be $600 a pill.

THAT is the problem and has been a problem for 2-3 decades. literally. It has NOTHING to do with government subsidies and the government subsidies actually HELP to lower health care, NOT increase it.

Want to know why your monthly bill isn't $2,000 vs $800?? Is because of the government subsidies you hate so much.

If trump lets that default/fail, I will promise your premiums are going to shoot up about 10-100 fold as there is no way the insurance companies are going to eat the difference and guess who pays for it?? Yep, YOU!

They NEED to go to war with the insurance, hospital/care provider and pharmaceutical companies. Simple! That is one thing the ACA did not touch, which is what I hate most about it.

I am not one for either, but the ACA was a start. If trump had 2 cents and actually cared about his voters, he would fix rather than repeal.

But hey, I got mine so fuck everyone else, right??
Yes fuck everyone else, how hard is Western Individualism to grasp?

Realistically it would be better if one payed doctors directly and greatly cut out the insurance side of things. That is how things are done in veterinary medicine, and it works fine. A lot of the reason why drugs are so expensive is both insurance and regulations with an anti-liability mindset behind them. The system would deflate dramatically if it was not set up in such a congested manner, ie direct payments fewer regulations etc etc. A lot of things in the world of medicine revolve around how scared doctors are that some peasant will sue them and live off their paycheck forever. This contributes greatly to how bloated the medical system is on a whole. Also the fact that so many people are degenerate and expect cheap healthcare (think drugs, smoking, premarital sex, homosexuality, etc etc) greatly contributes to these price issues. Your insurance is high because joe blow who smoked his entire life and gets cancer expects the same level of healthcare as you. you will never need as much insurance compensation as joe blow will, but you both are members of the same healthcare system and thus you get screwed over financially to pay for the mistakes of others. The amount of money spent on cancer patients excedes well over 100k because of how bloated the system is, and this greatly contributes to your high insurance.

People don't inherently deserve anything, and the fact that people seem to think that do has vastly contributed to the problems we see today

And no, as a person of middle class means, you get very little insurance deductions that the poor are otherwise eligible for.

We do however, live in a world of need for insurance, and thus it is a sad necessity. It wouldn't be so bloated financially if we had not let the peasantry make decisions on its enaction.

Realistically if i was in a situation without insurance, one would just have to accept it because such is life (life kinda sucks with leftist parasites around anyway). Insurance did not always exist and the world still worked relatively smoothly without it(think literally a century ago).
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote