View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Most people who drive RHD cars buy them for the excitement and usually flip them just so they can say they owned one.

For some instances, some retards think their skyline or rhd car is being searched out by the feds so they dump the chassis for crackhead prices or hide it somewhere until you arrive to purchase. LOL
(Instant regret on their end due to their stupidity and lack of experience)

The government does not care about your car. They only care if you run an illegal business and profit from doing illegal things without paying the governments cut of the process. Some businesses sell a million plus in inventory and do not document any of it. That's what they want.
(Example : Not paying taxes, following paperwork/procedures, smuggling in cars, etc)

Smog, insurance, and paperwork will be more complicated. You have to have "hook ups"

Its harder to find files regarding wiring, layouts, schematics, and so forth to trouble shoot any issues. You cannot just plug in your scanner and go.

Replacement parts are harder to find and have no resale value.

They are neck turners, but not practical. The attention could also be unwanted. IF you piss off the wrong cop, they could also send you to bar and put you through annoying obstacles.

America was not built for RHD cars. Its not a completely practical daily compared to a lhd prius and so forth. Imagine not being able to go through drive throughs without huge inconveniences.

I currently daily drive a completely stock 30k mile altezza with a few other rhd cars in my stable. If you know what you are doing and have hook ups for parts then do it. I got all of my cars for KILLER deals so it was worth it. If I were to pay retail, I would have not gone this route.

Also RHD cars have a lower resale value compared to a LHD.
(Example : RHD supra is worth 13k, LHD supra is 20k+)

If you struggle with common sense, then you will have complications. Owning an imported car is only suited for experienced car builders or people with deep pockets to pay others for the "convenience".

/end thread

Last edited by mogli9000; 07-20-2017 at 02:23 PM..
mogli9000 is offline   Reply With Quote