View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #969
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: "Chassis Low down"

Whats up guys!!

the chassis re-wire is coming along nicely! It's funny how I sometimes catch myself staring at the interior of the car sometimes for 10-15 Min... I visualize what I want from the set up. Follow make believe lines from switches...to their accessories.... how the routing of it will go... it's location is CRUCIAL. Last night I fell asleep on my knees... arm hanging over the roll cage with my circuit breaker in my hand. I woke up to my sisters dog nudging me. It was 11:45 and I had a Skype meeting with Billet Inc in 15 Min. The meeting went excellent and I'm really looking forward to sharing with everyone what we're up to!

But back to the Wiring Job! Useability...function, and location are KEEN. Very important!! Solid components mean nothing unless they're put together correctly. It's the design of the whole set up...not just the individual components!

So Check it!

Received some new Coils for the rear end of the Wolf. Being part of the R & D for Parts shop has been awesome. Working with a company that has the same end goals as myself...in developing the absolute best solution set up for these cars in the drift application is great. These Rear dampeners are a bit special... But I'll expand on that more later!

This is a 400Amp Military Grade Contactor. I've used these on a Few cars already...and they're pretty popular in Europe. I'm using for my Remote mount Kill Switch. Tons of Benefits to using this specific model over say the Painless kit, and or just a regular battery isolator.

Starter and Alternator Power. Make sure you have the Alternator and Starter return after the Kill switch. Some people disagree...but if you ever work on a car with power off... you want to be able to hit the switch and not have a hot starter/alt power lead. This is why you purchase a Good Quality Switch..with Solid Gauge Wire...and Proper ring terminals. But there's no point in having a Kill Switch if it doesn't kill power to the car. Ive quite a few cars wired incorrectly...and it's a major pain in the ass.

Just some Jams i've been into lately.... Killer!!!

And I fogrot to take pics of a few steps because I was in the zone. But here is where I left of last night. I've got my Marine Grade 185AMP Circuit Breaker within reach ....while strapped into the car with harness and all. There's a mis conception that these create issues. People always say "those things always give us issues." Which may be true...but it's only giving issues...because it's wired incorrectly, or it's not the correct component for the required job.

And that's pretty much where I've left off. I'm waiting for my ABS Panel from McMaster to show up...then I can hammer down on the Control Panel. But until then..I"ve really got my hands tied using this Cardboard template. I don't want to add too much to it because for one...it isn't very sturdy...and 2. Until its actually mounted....I won't be able to optimize the thought process behind the set up. I want to make sure this is done correctly. So I'll have to wait. I'm excited to show you guys the end product though!!

I'll leave you guys with some Action shots from Luke Munnels coverage of Top Drift Round 2. Article is up on Super Street Magazine!

Pits..my boy Billy Haynes and Odi Bakchis

Top 16 Lead run

Thanks for following guys!!

More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!

#ThisistheWolf