View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
why dont we thank Nismo now for upping the prices 3-fold on most motorsport parts.

as much as i love my cars and have built and restored them, i have no understanding or patience for a company that increases pricing so drastically. an 18 dollar bushing should not jump to 40 dollars "just because." especially when that very same part can be purchased direct in japan for.... 18 dollars. nismo, go fuck yourself. we're loyal but we're not stupid.

another fun fact that you morons are forgetting, is that the Z32, R32 and S... many of these parts are totally interchangeable. So if they bring back parts for the R32 then essentially, they are bringing back parts for the rest of the cars because its the same damn part.

management at nissan really needs to reconsider how they run things when it comes to supporting us legacy customers. as a case example, i've spent tens of thousands of dollars restoring my cars. but again, all within reason. no way in hell i would pay 40 for a single rear link bushing. especially when i will be needing what, 20 bushings? fuck that.

edit: oh yeah, s14 rear windows (since the rubber trim goes bad). nissan, go fuck yourself. not spending 600 dollars per window.

Most of it is due to supply stocks. During my time in Japan and having brought hundred of parts and multiple price inquires on items from the Local Nissan Dealership I have seen parts pricing change due to stock quantities.

I once bought a Recirc motor (as well a a few other things) for one of my old R32, Then a year later when to get another one for my current one to see the price double due to availibility nearing zero.

Things will probably not be as cheap as when they were before but should be cheaper than having to pay discontinued pricing.

Right now Window seals and trims are a hot item for R32's. for something that should cost maybe 3-400$ in seals ppl are selling them for amost 3X the price. Hell just seen the rear windshield trim and molding sell for 950$ on YAJ.

But I have seen places sell OEM parts for double when you can still get the part from Nissan for the Original price.

That part interchangeability is very limited though. that really only covers Nuts/Bolts, suspension/bushings and brakes (rear brakes only) Not many ppl are looking for OEM control arms. Everything else on the GTR is R32/GTR specific.

We'll just have to wait and see what they do. I'd be quiet surprised if NISMO were to be making these parts immediately available to North America through our dealerships though. I'm more worried to see if dealerships will tack on some kinda JDM tax on it.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 05-31-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote