View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #70
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcon11 View Post
Awesome build man, love the black on white engine bay, very stealthy.

im building a 1jzvvti s14 right now

Got a few questions if you dont mind.
Mainly how do you like the cd009? did you happen to get the q45 diff and try out the new gearing?
Did you get new valves when you did the head? Have you heard anything about upgraded springs in the vvti?
also are still you running stock injectors?
The CD I had in this car from the beginning was beaten an abused behind a 700hp 2JZ formula drift car, so it wasn't in good shape when I got it. My SerialNine shifter relocation works amazing but the shifter feels very solid and I dont like the way it feels shifting, i like the way a stock KA transmission slides into each gear smoothly and like butter, the CD transmission I have owned have been a little more rough in temr of shifter feel and the CD999 shifter makes that feel more rigid and harsh, but it works perfectly and I love banging gears at limiter while sideways, I have never missed a shift in this car...

I own a Q45 VLSD 3.538 but I have not installed it yet, the gearing in the cd trans is great for drift events but shitty for daily driving, unless you like shifting alot lol

I did not need to replace any valves, I have no need for more power or stronger engine parts so I asked the head shop to make it solid and reliable like new. He lapped my valves but didnt need to grind them because they sealed well. I have never heard of upgrading valve springs, so my car doesnt need it. lol

I am running bone stock everything on my VVTi 1JZ, injectors, MAF, turbo, manifold, boost pressure, ECU, all factory everything.