View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #10
xlamontx

Trader Rating: (1)
xlamontx is an unknown quantity at this point
Get 3 estimates and keep records for all your cost and expenses this incident has put upon you. Make sure (find out if) the trailer is owned by the same people that own the truck pulling it. Sue them both if different and the driver too. They should all be named in the law suit. Perhaps you tooks pics of all the tires on the truck and trailer and their date codes if possible. Pics of lights and mud flaps broken or missing would also speak to overall condition of equipment. Find out if by law you are entitled to driver log records and inspection reports for all seven days prior to incident. May help to see if the driver is lazy or inaccurate on the paperwork, he is likey the same with his actual inspections. Most truck tires fail from under inflation. Particularly on hot days at interstate speeds. Few drivers check inflation with a gauge. They usually thump them with a hammer or tire thumper if they bother checking at all. I doubt any tire manufacturer will say "thumping" is an acceptable way to check for safe operating minimum inflation pressure. If they have a terminal close to you, additional pics of their equipment may show a pattern of poor maintenance practices. Most trucking companies have a DOT safety rating based on roadside inspections, drivers placed out of service, accidents, tickets, etc. and if you can get theirs from your states DOT it may help a judge determine thier liability. Take nothing I wrote as advice, it's just my opinion from the point of what I would do. Good luck.

PS, the outter tire "looks" like it use to be a steer tire that was moved to the trailer which is legal but would also mean it's not likely a recap.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
xlamontx is offline   Reply With Quote