View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #20964
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halobb View Post
Do you know if there is a write up on how to replace all of those, I'm new to the 240 scene and never worked on cars lol. I'm as stupid as they come. PS I have searched for write ups but they're usually for sr20s and such :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) get new o-rings (top AND bottom), cap bushings and injector seats
2) take caps off injectors with phillips head screwdriver and unplug injectors
3) put BOTH screws back into holes next to injectors
4) get 2 flat head screw drivers, pry injectors out using screws for leverage as there are 2 slots in each injector for the screwdriver head to go in, then remove screws again
5) pull/roll old o-rings off injectors
6) roll new o-rings onto injectors
7) insert new cap bushings into tops of caps in the same way old ones were set
8) insert new injector bushings into intake manifold the same way old ones were set
9) apply vaseline around base of injector bushing holes in intake manifold
10) apply a TON of vaseline to inside of fuel rail toward the bottoms where the injector pintles seat and around the center area where the upper injector rings seat
11) apply a TON of vaseline to o-ring areas (top AND bottom o-rings) on physical injectors themselves
12) insert injectors 1 by 1 back into fuel rail. there will be a noticeable drop in the injector when it seats properly. you can turn it back and forth and bit while reinserting to help seat the injector properly.
13) reinstall injector caps with new cap bushings
14) clean up.

you MAY want to disconnect the line running from your fuel pressure regulator to relieve any built up fuel pressure in the rail (this WILL cause fuel to leak out a bit until the FPR and the fuel rail have drained). its best to leave the car sitting for a few hours and not driving it prior to doing the above just to avoid fuel spraying out due to built up pressure.

and when i say apply a TON of vaseline to the fuel rail and fuel injectors, i mean a TON. this will keep you from ripping, tearing or scarring any of the o-rings. vaseline is petroleum based which means it will dissolve when fuel makes contact with it and burn off in the cylinder chamber with no issues. replacing injectors is a fairly straightforward process. if everything is back together and sealed properly, crank the car over a few times until it starts, it will stutter a bit when started and this is normal. the car will begin running normal after 10-15 seconds. if the car is running like a Subaru and youre missing a cylinder, it means you didnt seat one of the injectors properly and its leaking fuel into the cylinder... if this happens, you will need to pull the injector again and re-seat plus yank your spark plug, take your plug wires out of each cylinder and crank the motor with a paper towel in the spark plug chamber to force the excess fuel out, but this is fairly uncommon if you use enough lube to slide the injectors in place properly... again USE A TON OF VASELINE!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote