Thread: Brian's s14
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
Hit a dear on my way to the hospital because my girlfriend had to go. Was blinded by a jeep with off road lights and brights blinding me. Couldn't see the deer in time. (Good thing I never repaired the friend end from last time! now I needed to though...)

Can you can see where the deep poop is inside my headlight?

After repairs, replaced the bumper, fenders, repaired the hood, new corner lights, headlights with clear covers, new fog lights.

Replaced the shocks/springs because the car looked like a pogo stick going down the road, tokico/skunk2 combo.
Also replaced the brakes with Hawk HPS pads, new rotors, and higher temp fluid.
Replaced the leaking steering rack.
Replaced a knock sensor and egr, as well as IACV.
Also put in clear side markers and signals to match the rest of the lights.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Of course after the full front end being replaced, someone backs into it at my new job as a Web developer/Software engineer... I have bad luck apparently when it comes to other driving around my car.

I bought a house!! I can finally have a garage to put my car in to work on bigger projects!! Super exciting, bought the BRZ for my 21st birthday at this point to take over as my daily driver.

Plenty of room for both cars to open their doors:

Noticed my engine mounts and trans mount were in need of replacement so I got megan racing mounts and now that I have to place to work... I of course, got to work:

Jack point for transmission mount:

driver side mount:

Recent pictures:

Now that the car is visually where I want it, the engine is solid, and I have the income to do actual upgrades I'll go ahead and make a note of my goals. I'll be open to suggestions, advice and warnings along the way.

My brakes are needing replacement so instead of spending 500 dollars to replace the stock stuff, I may as well upgrade them since I can't lock up the tires right now and stopping effort is pretty scary right now.

Brakes - 300zx Calipers, 350z track rotors, SS Lines, Hawk HPS pads, and the bracket needed for the calipers. I also want to switch to a z32 rear setup, with e brake setup as well, and then go with a z32 Master cylinder.

20 year old rubber hasn't held up too well judging by my mounts, so I intend to go with full SPL arms.

I have more plans but I expect these to take a few months to finish as I really want to go all out on the rear subframe build.

Last edited by bjreynolds202; 07-12-2023 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: resize images, updated brake specs.
bjreynolds202 is offline   Reply With Quote