View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #15
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Do a compression check.

Make sure TPS is set in idle mode, This guy has a pretty nice video. I get it's for a z32tt but I had a rb20det and pretty sure I remember the process being the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i37NIF_SUCQ&t=236s

Also make sure your spark signal you are getting for cylinder 1 is correct.

For the Z32 you run off the PTU (ignitor) there is a lengthenged cable that you put the timing light guy around. On the rb20, I don't remember, but on my rb20 I set timing off cylinder 1, not the ptu/ignitor, it was harder this way to get a good signal.. I do remember the rb20 igntor sucks and it's best to upgrade to j30 ignitore or something. I upgrade mine.

Your problem could be a boost leak causing it to fall on it's face with improper timing.

Are you sure your injectors/fuel filter is good, correct spark plugs and proper gap? all good coils (bad could cause miss rb20 ones go bad a lot, run no coil pack cover to keep them cooler, all this little shit unfortunately adds up.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote