View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
wither48

Trader Rating: (0)
wither48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidchicken View Post
Hey just wondering if anyone could give me some info on nistune boards, ive never heard of them but im looking at a car that has one in it, its just a piggyback board but thats about all i know, the car has a base tune on it but it needs a dyno tune and i have nooooo clue where to take it? im up in the northeast, if anyone knows a shop, but i have a feeling like im going to have a hard time finding a shop, does anyone else have a piggy back system that you recommend that isnt too pricey? its a KA-T that needs to be tuned..
I'm looking to tune an s13, and I mentioned nistune to a friend of mine. He said that he used it on a ka-t car and had some issues. He also couldn't find a guy here in the Austin area and had to drive 5ish hours down to Houston on a second stock ecu, swap over the nistune one and the bigger injectors just to have the guy tune it. He sent me a link to another stock ecu tuning solution called nismotronic. It's a little more limited in what ecus it works with (for the s chassis, I think it's just ka24de and sr20de and det), but as a software it's much better and development is still happening for it while nistune hasn't really been updated in a while. You can also wire in additional analog inputs for widebands and other stuff to use in the tune instead of just having it wired to a gauge. You can also run digital inputs (I'm gonna use this feature to use my cruise control buttons to switch between the normal tune and a "valet" mode for if I get pulled for emissions or some such thing). I'd give it a look if you're willing​ to ditch nistune. If you just wanna keep what you have then I'd say learn to use it yourself. Enthalpy is always an option too! You tell them what your setup is and he'll send you a chip with a tune for what you're doing. You won't get as much it of the car, but it'll be serviceable and fun

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
wither48 is offline   Reply With Quote