View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 subframes have floating square nuts that are not welded to the subframe and allow a decent amount of movement so not sure why you are having issues lining it up? Maybe they are rusted together and not allowing movement? Atleast this is how my 98's subframe is. My subframe doesn't have the extra metal in front of the front subframe mounting points like in the picture though so maybe its different. Either way if you stripped them out bad enough to not be able to re tap them I would get a hole saw and open up above each nut and see whats going on inside and go from there. If you just put a nut on the other side you will have to pull the subframe out everytime to change the diff to have access to the nuts you put in, and you wouldn't be able to re weld and close up where you hole sawed because you need access to the nuts and not doing that might compromise the integrity of the subframe. Maybe if you drill out the nut that's in there and weld another nut on top of it so you can close up the hole saw hole it would work. just make sure your bolt is long enough to do that. If you do open it up, I want to see pics lol
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote