View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
jordang328is

Trader Rating: (0)
jordang328is is an unknown quantity at this point
Serious opinions wanted on possible platform change.

Hello everyone, I am in a situation where I am deciding between sticking with my current platform, an S13 single cam hatch, to drift, or changing to my former DD, and current extra car, an E36 328is. I don't mean for this to be an E36 vs. S13 thread, as that has been done to death, but rather opinions from people who have drifted one or both chassis and can provide insight given my personal scenario. My main concerns are cost to maintain/run/repair vs. current market value of each car, as I will be selling one of them. A little more background; I just bought a brand new Mustang GT, so no issues as far as needing a DD or the drift car being semi-practical. So here it is. The S13 has 200k, PO said he rebuilt the top end, has Tien coils that feel tired, and I have done: Brand new reman steering rack, poly bushings, arms all around, welded, aluminum subframe bushings, and other general maintenance items. E36 is bone stock, but all common E36 problems (Bushings, cooling system, etc...) done by myself and done right. I can probably sell either car for about $4k give or take, which will all be translated into mod money for the car that is kept. Thanks in advance for the input.
jordang328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links