View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Exclamation Project Compromise - G35 Sedan

So it seems I cant just own an ordinary stock car, just seems boring to me.

So I call this Project Compromise cuz things are changing, I have a daughter and the 2 door cars are just not cutting it and wanting something a little bigger, nicer, little more comfortable but sporty as well that I can mod a little. Fuck, I'm getting old I guess...

The G35 came to mind and some with in the price range Id be willing to pay for one since im not a fan of spending 20K+ on a car or like owing money or being in debt. So set out in search for one.

Getting a 6 Speed was a must, not a fan of Auto and the problems that spawn from them, also wanted black interior.

Looked for a couple of weeks, could find 40+ autos but manuals were few and far. Checked craigslist one night before going to bed to see one pop up for a great price with a good bit of mods on it. Majority of the mods were ones I was going to do to one.

Messaged the guy and drove up that evening to check it out. it was dark but looked pretty good but had some little flags that popped up for me on the front end. Headlights and front bumper missing the black stripe the side skirts had for one. Said he ran into a trailer hitch in a stop and go fender bender and replaced the bumper. Okay doesnt sound to bad.

Drove fine until I took a sharp right then you would feel something grab the wheel and feel the front right wheel shutter and the skid light come one.

was pretty sad cuz I wanted this car really bad being it was the only 6 speed in a 250 mile radius of me.

Took it back jacked it up looked like the FR wheel was contacting the front upper control arm, turns out the wheels are staggered and the Old owner of the wheels put the tires on the wheels wrong so the owner had the rears on the right side the fronts on the left side. Being the rears are 1/2 wider and a higher offset it sat really close to the upper control arm and would contact the CA when cornering....

So being pretty sure that was the issue I took a gamble and cut him a check and drove it home.

So Saturday hits and I was going to take the daughter to the store to buy some waffle mix to make waffles for her.
I go to put her Recaro seat in to find no seat belts in the back......What in the fuck.... Dude mentioned nothing of seat belts being removed knowing I was buying this as a family car.

Dude had put some bags of parts in the trunk, scrounged through to find the seat belts but only one anchor bolt for the upper part... great so now I have to learn how to tear apart the back end of this install one belt then do it again when I get the rest of the parts later....

So when removing the rear seats I stumbled upon this... great this probably fucked up...

So im not sure if im mad or impressed. This guy managed to turn a 1.25 thread pitch to a 1.5 without destroying the stud or nut..

so super long story short got in one usable seat belt in the back.

So next up the headlights. Ginormous pieces of shit, cut off is garbage and output is shit and looks ricey as shit.

Popped in some brighter bulbs and disconnected the LED but left the Halo's to make them look a smidge better until I can get some OEM HID lights

Also noticed when pulling the headlights my assumptions were correct that the front end was damaged a bit more than he told me as the fiberglass core support had been replaced from a Automatic transmission G35 due to a factory OEM information sticker taking about auto transfluid. That and the Powersteering cooler dosent have nutzerts in the core.

Frame appears fine though so thats what really matters to me.

Anyway, Upgrades that came with the car

Stillen Pop Charger
Kinetix V Plenum
Thermal intake manifold spacer
Kinetix high flow cats
Tanabe Medallion Exhaust
Dyno Tuned with an Osiris Pro Tuner
Apparently it made 60hp and 80 ftlbs over stock

So only had this car for a few days and already ordering parts for it.

I want to keep this pretty mild so not wanting to slam this as I pan on taking this on long trips so want it to be comfortable.

Being that in mind i ordered some Tein H Tech lowering springs just to give it a little drop but keep it comfortable.

Also ordered some brake pads for the GTR's Brembos, so thinking about swapping the old GTR's calipers on the G35 seeing that they are just about the same size and make it a bit sportier looking.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 03-21-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links