View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Nice 180! I lived in Japan for a few years, and miss it more than anything. I'd go back, but hard when you have a kid.

As for the car, I think it's a bit more than I would have spent. You can pick up a car like that for half the price if you know where to look. That being said, it's perfect for its intended use. The whole argument that "drift" cars are ruining the scene is irrelevant, as the culture in Japan has been well-established for decades, and that car is actually a perfect example of how they do it in Japan. It's all about function over form. Loud, MacGyvered, slightly dodgy repairs, that's the ESSENCE of drift culture in the sports hometown. Fixing bodywork by wrapping a rope around a telephone pole and using the weight of the car to pull out the dents, holding things together with zip ties... if your car looks clean you're not driving it hard enough.

As for language, I agree that you can survive easily with the bare minimum. Arigatou, ikura desuka?, and numbers. I, however, made friends, lovers, got DJing gigs, etc. because of my interest in speaking Japanese as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk