View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #949
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: "With Focus on Bringing the Pro to Pro-Am"

Sorry for the mad Delay....Photobucket was doing some maintenance on their site and I was pretty much locked out of the site for the last 3 weeks. A total pain. Had to re do passwords etc and all as well.

But I'e been Busy prepping for this new season. I'll be doing a host of performance Upgrades to the Wolf this off season...not much in terms of Hardware..but I will be tackling the Chassis Wiring. Which I believe i've already said. Reason being...is I want the car to be as reliably set up and easy to work on as possible. I also want to showcase my abilities because at some point i'm going to be building another car. So if I can stay in the mindset of constantly evolving for the better...then I'll be up to the task when it comes to this next chassis.

Here's my current To Do List:

- Chassis Re Wire
- Pull Engine Refresh
- Convert AN-6 to AN-8 Crank Case Breathers
- Install Radium Dual Catch Cans
- Swap back to Borg Warner EFR8374D 1.05A/R
- Re-work Dash and Guage Set up
- Paint Interior Sheet Metal
- Refresh Brake System W/new Pads Fluid
- Re Cover all heat Damaged Lines with New PTP Turbo Heat Products
- Build Spare Diff so it's bolt in Ready
- Swap out my Single 4" straight Stainless Turn Down Exhaust for 4" inlet w/Dual 2.5" outlets to Quite up the car some. It's honestly just too loud.

So it was a pretty big decision on my end to pull the engine out. For me..it’s my goal to Never have the car down. And the worst feeling in the world is when I can’t just jump in the car and go drive. But with this year being THIS important to me… I needed to follow a Professional model to cancel out all of the potential issues that go along with racing. One of those things is not “Betting” on things lasting. Although I’ve had extremely solid engine’s ever since I met Abel. And I didn’t drive as much as I would have liked to this past year… This engine has seen about 7 Dyno Sessions….and about 8 track days. Not as much in comparison to the last set up. But with a lot of preventative precautions going on to Tidy up my Chariot… I figured the best and most certain way to insure the car is solid would be to pull the engine out and give her a once over. I hate it..but It has to be done! So out comes the Wolfs heart and me and Abel will be pulling her apart this afternoon.

Here she is with one of Abel’s Spare 1700WHP 20B RX8 Engines. Not that my block Measures up. But more than a few times..Abel has pointed at my keg and said…. “You’re a lucky son of a B**** , Because everything I learned with these engines is going into yours.” And I can’t say shit because I’m overwhelmed with gratitude.
Check it!

Also spent a good solid week and a half designing my rewire all on paper. I wanted to make sure I had all my bases covered and also set everything up to go along with my whole theme of setting things up as simple, reliable and easily maintained as possible. It’s definitely not the most expensive set up. But you don’t need expensive to be reliable. You just need solid components. Pick and choose what you’re going to spend the money on, and if I could give any advice, it would be to write out what you want on paper FIRST. The easiest way to waste money is to start buying things. Depending on what you want… you could even use the OEM Stock Fuse Boxes and relocate/delete or simplify things and rewire the car that way.
This might’ve been draft 4 of 20 Lol

Parts started coming in. I’m not sure if I’ll be using the NTK Wideband or going with the Innovate MTX-L Plus. I don’t necessarily like the Bosch 4.9 Sensor. So If I go with the Innovate…I’ll be swapping sensors to the 4.2.
Got this Sweet Master Battery Cut off Switch. It’s sole purpose is to kill the battery 100% while working on it. I’ll be mounting it closer to the battery.

Just a quick Template to get an idea of how much Space I’ll be working with when I lay it all out. My goal is to be able to have this fasten to the car with 4 Fasteners. Somewhere under the Dash..accessible…and easy to look at/reach…but under the dash.

More packages and Parts

And Scored a sick spot in the 2017 Borg Warner Parts Catalog!

And one of the coolest pieces of my puzzle….which must’ve taken me a good 4 Days to choose the best model..Is this guy!!!

Can anyone Gusss what it is?
Stay Tuned!! More updates soon as I tackle this Re-wire!!

#ThisistheWolf