View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #2550
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a story I would like to share with you all. Recently in the month of December I was scrolling through the Yahoo Japan Auctions. I was on the hunt for my next set of wheels. After a few weeks of searching I finally find the wheels I was looking for in the sizes I needed. I email Jesse Streeter from JesseStreeter Corporation so that he can place a bid for me and sure enough the auction was going to end on the deadline of their 3 week closure for that holidays. Besides Streeter, I have only used Brickhouseproducts and Buyee to source parts from Japan. I emailed Steve from Brickhouseproducts and he informed me that he was back in the states, so that was a no go. Buyee apparently is a pain in the arse to buy wheels, so I was stuck.

Then it hit me, I had been seeing DIZZARIOT post about his new bound trek to Japan where he was going to be stationed. So I tell myself “ what the heck, the worst he can say is no”. I pm’d him on these forums, I then proceed to mention to him what is going on. Thankfully he agreed to help a fellow enthusiast out. Mind you that I have never met him, seen him, etc. We are total strangers to one another. The only contact that we have ever had was on these forums. After several messages, I sent him the money and the bid was placed. I lost by 30k Yen. Then apparently the winner was having trouble with his bank. The seller agreed to let us win the auction for the ending price which was still decent. He shipped the wheels to me about 8 days ago. I received them yesterday. I have not had a chance to inspect them but I am stoked!

I would like to thank Dario for his help, he went above and beyond to help a stranger out. I am truly grateful to have people like him on these forums.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote