Thread: AEM EMS Issues
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #14
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I've already read that several times. It states that for a V2 EMS you need an AEM trigger wheel. What I'm asking is if you need one for V1 EMS? According to what battery1882 said, it leads me to believe that the AEM trigger wheels are not supposed to be used or are not required on V1.

That reflects poorly on AEM. How hard would it be for them to dump an OEM ROM and rework it? Hint: it's not. If the provided base map runs so poorly you can't even drive (or start the car), how are you supposed to bring it to a tuner?
AEM did not have proper support of the OE Trigger wheel until their latest Infinity EMS, you absolutely need it.

Haltech, AEM, Vipec & Motec all provide you with a "rough starting point" but by no means is it intended to drive on, the only EMS in the market that has a startup map for a stock engine is Apexi Power FC. if you are having this much of an issue getting your car to sync timing and fire up i highly recommend you bring it to someone qualified with AEM EMS before you break something.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote