View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #13
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

I don't owe any other debt that I know of, I've never had a credit card or loan before, that being said I probably don't have the best credit because of this.
First question, and most important: How much money do you plan on putting as a down payment on the car?

Because you don't have credit, you most likely won't get approved for a car note, unless you put a significant amount down (maybe 40-60%? If not more)

And even if you did, the interest rate would be so high, you wouldn't want the car. That 300 monthly payment comes out to about 400-500 after interest rates...not looking that cheap.

Also, another thing to consider is insurance. Because you are financing a car, you will need full coverage insurance (comprehensive and liability) which will double your insurance rates. And because it's an older car, 2 doors, 2 seats, it's expensive. I'm paying about $850 for 6 months full coverage on my Z right now.

You definitely need to have credit first before even thinking about financing a car. Build up your credit first (would take a few years...I built my credit up for about 5 years before financing a 370Z with 0% APR)

I've purchased my car new so I did lots of research...oh and I have experience working in a car dealership

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote