View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #10048
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I think we can all agree we don't want to see an end to manuals. But it'll happen eventually. Autonomous cars will probably be the biggest blow to manual cars' future. By 2025 we'll have a lot of autonomous cars on the road but it won't be an all autonomous market by then. I think there will still be manuals to be had, but once autonomous cars completely kill car culture they'll be a thing of the past. This is not a knock against CA, ok yes it is, CA will probably be the first state to pass a mandate for an only autonomous roadway and make actually driving a car illegal. Ironic considering the importance and history of car culture in CA. I predict there will be a shift in popular opinion some 40 years (heck maybe sooner) where people will look at people that WANT to drive cars as morons, and blame them for all kinds of shit like global warming, deaths, etc. It'll be a shift like gay marriage or marijuana usage, etc. Public opinion can change fast if it becomes a "social " issue, which the Left (especially in CA) is good at doing. Don't forget Mrs Clinton's husband voted against gay marriage just like 5 administrations ago. This shift will be like 2050 or some shit.

Sorry to get political but that's what's going to kill it, kill it.