View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #95
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
You need to ask yourself, where is the drawback of having the pressure spike at the throttle body? Is there something wrong with having a high pressure spike in this location? What exactly is the goal behind evacuating the pressure in the plumbing?

In short, any pressure spike seen near/at the throttle body is not going to increase wear and tear of any parts in that region. The part you are trying to protect is the compressor wheel.
I get what you are saying. Do you think the longer run of vacuum tube from intake to BOV will result in any BOV lag?

It wasn't necessarily the idea that you need to protect the TB or equipment, but moreso that the pressure wave would be caught early and dealt with prior to the shift event ending and the TB opening again. I am unsure of the speed of the pressure wave and whether it reaches back to the BOV next to the turbo quick enough to open the valve, vent the spike, and close before the exhaust is spooling the compressor again. Could this result in overspinning the compressor wheel? By that I mean, if the BOV is open and the turbo is being spooled could the compressor rpm spike without the pressure building in the IC plumbing?

I'm just throwing my thoughts out here, not trying to be obstinate. There are a lot of things happening at this point in the cycle, and the fluid mechanics isn't a simple equation. I did well in Fluid Dynamics in college, but that was 10+ years ago and I don't deal with it regularly at work.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote