View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #30
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_st View Post
Thank you experts for the words of encouragement. I hope my JZ swap will be as great as yours one day.

Are you like 16?

I don't think you've ever swapped anything. If you had, you'd understand how silly you sound.

You are seriously rebuilding the POS C16 turbos? Why? They are garbage. You don't need a twin disk, ECU, FMIC, exhaust or anything to run those chokers.

You are looking at all of this backwards.
Also, fuck the 1JZ.

Proper Build-

Start with a USDM VVT-i 2JZ for $500
The VVT-i is worth 50hp once tuned.

Now all your parts and specs will be easy to acquire. Have a custom turbo manifold built for $1,200-$1,500. Modify your stock intake, get some turbo valve covers.

Now buy the Collins adapter and clutch setup. It's like $1,600 and comes with a clutch. Have a 1pc shaft made at your local. Now you can run a CD009 for $500. It's stronger, cheaper and better shifting then a R154 and a W58 is a pile of shit.

If your gonna build, use Manley Pro H-beams.

Best to use a cam driven mechanical fuel pump and FIC injectors.

Run a MS3 Pro for a stand alone. Or AEM if your a dork.

My friends 2JZ build is coming along nicely. Entire swap he'll be about $10k deep and making 1k WHP with billet main caps. He is doing all the fab work and assembly himself.

If you are going to keep the stock turbos or run a W58, save your time and money. You'll struggle to get past 350whp.

Just swap a RB25 or 5.3/LS1/ Ford 302.

Jason made 390whp on his stock block RB25 before saying fuck it and going 2JZ. He had maybe $5k into that swap. But once again, he did all the wiring and fab and used a Z32 ECU.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote