View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I've done this swap a few times already, the car def handles much better i want to say it feels much like an FD with this swap. I'm actually using an S14SR20 with a CD0009 trans on my car. Link to my build thread 2JZ VVTI Z32 Build Thread if you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help since i've been down this rodeo a few times.

If the adapters I'm thinking about are the ones you are talking about that you bolt the motor mount on to the cross member then bolt on that adapter to the motor mount bracket and drop it in I would highly recommend making your own mount brackets. That person's mount kit changes the leverage point on the mounts and pretty much compromises the entire mount structure on the long run. (unless you use solid alloy mounts), he got pretty butthurt at me and blocked me from his FB and the "Light weight" Z32 page after i denied using his mounts and posted pictures of my progress.

I managed to run a 1:57.5xxx at AutoClub speed way with the factory engine, head & turbo only upgrade was STi injectors & GTR MAF (with dyno tuning on 91) your car is going to be an absolute riot with the GT3076R I can't wait to see what your cars finished product will be.
I've following your build for quite some time! A friend and I were talking a few years back about swaps and the SR really got me excited, but I was younger and dumb so I couldn't really make it happen ahaha.

I never though about those adapters screwing with how the mounts are suppose to work, but I see what you mean. They distribute the weight all wrong and will probably end up killing the mounts really quick. Only issue with making my own mounts is I don't have the right tools to make them.

I will definitely be shooting you a PM, I would love to ask you some questions!
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote