View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #4
drewusmaximus

Trader Rating: (0)
drewusmaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
The rotor looks in the correct position. What I did was marked the motor tip direction to the housing with nail polish because I knew once I pulled out the oil pump there was a big chance the gear on the oil pump will move due to handling it off the motor, which of course moved!! So, since the oil pump connects to the dizzy, I installed the dizzy first and pointed the rotor tip to where I marked it. Then went under and carefully slid in the oil pump until it connected with the dizzy. The rotor moved a little but, there's only one direction the oil pump can connect to the dizzy. It's a matter of the oil pump gear mating with the crankshaft gear and the rotor pointing in the correct direction. But, I added assembly lube on the timing chain and in the oil pump to avoid a dry start. I also marked the dizzy housing to avoid advancing or retarding the timing. When I mounted the dizzy, I mounted it exactly in the same position it was based on the markings with the nail polish.
I can't think of anything else that would make the car run rough unless there's an intake hose somewhere that is not connected.

are all plugs that you disconnected plugged in?
Are the small canister hoses connected in the proper places?
Are the spark plug wires connected in the proper order on the dizzy cap?

Hopefully you will figure out the problem.
When you do let us know
drewusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote