View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
So I haven't done a post in awhile. Here is a backlog of things I've been chipping away at.

Made this bonnet stay from a bunnings alloy mop handle and some rubber chair leg stops.

Great for working on the car in the shed as you can place it anywhere you like and it doesn't mark the bonnet or the paintwork in the engine bay. Going to make another one of these for the boot once I get the hinges sorted out.

I ended up looking into this NANOLEX product cause I'd heard good things about it. I've coated all 8 rims with the stuff. One thing I didn't foresee was yes no dirt should be sticking to the wheels but the wheel weights now dont want to stick either so I'll have to do something about that later on.

It actually takes quite awhile to do cause all the wheels we're running have their fair share of spokes. Would have taken longer again had they already have been brake dusted.

The motor had to come forward again cause I'd earlier forgotten to properly block off the CAS hole in the back of the head.

Rather than taking it all out again I dropped the front end undone and rolled the car backwards off the engine/box.

Had to borrow one of Jimmys slide hammers to get the new tail shaft back of out the gearbox. Both the shaft and box being new ment its a tight fit and didnt want to come back out.

Fitted/drilled out the final hole for my oil relocation block. Now has 3 riv nuts and one M6 right through the rail. Its super solid, if there are ever any overly tight oil filters on it it'll be up to the task.

Put all the fittings together and mounted it up to check it out.

I'm happy as with how its turned out. Ready to work out exactly what fittings need to be bought for it now.

Dump pipe assembly could go back on.

The exhaust housing had been apart to get coated so that had to go back together as well.

Had to clean up the threads cause the coating had got into them.

Working out where to **** the housing to ment it had to go on/off and apart afew times.

First time I've put all the gates piping on the car myself. It goes on relatively easily.

Tight fit.

Still need to spin the core around some more and work out what bits I need for the oil feed/filter

Going to be a tight fit with turbo nut/oil feed clearance.

The wheels now being coated ment I could put the 285 RSR's onto the enkeis and work out the exact fit.

Pulled the bonnet off for a clean and to remove the old bonnet pins.

Scrubs up ok

Have some lockable aero catches around to put on once everything on the front end is lined up in its final positions.

Wire brushed my factory hatch hinges to get all the surface rust off them.

Gave them quite afew coats of this decent anti rust matt black spray paint. After fitting them I've realised one of the hatch riv nuts is slightly off so I'll have to drill it out a bit.

Picked up my throttle body and wheel fresh back from being anodized

Happy with how the contrasting colours came out. Super ricey but still looks tough (imho) :P

The first of many upcoming trips to motorsport connections netted me this haul.

-8 hard lines for running the fuel system up the car aswell as hardline for the brake lines. Tube cutter, tight radius bender for the brake lines, mounting brackets for everything and some speedflow vice jaws for assembly of fittings.

The bender at work.

Got some shots of in/around the brake master area. There is a decent amount of space to work with.

The threads in the carbon hatch were fouled with resin so needed a tap run through them.

More for reference than anything. This was borrowed I need to get myself some taps!

The catch can with filter fitted. Stoked with how creative Mitch got with the use of space here

Picked up some inconel turbo studs with locking nuts as well.

Did a dummy fit of how I'm going to mount the vents I got the end result should look something like this but have much less behind it.

I'm happy with how it looks just going to be abit of mucking around to get it finalised and glassed up. This is what I'm concentrating on atm so I can get it done and painted while its still cool weather.

First measurements on the chopping the skirt.

Test fit showed this wasn't enough to create a decent gap.

Filing back the vents to a much more perfect gaps/straight edges.

Before I had a second go at the skirt.

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote