View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #43
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Ive had first hand experience with Rocket Bunny composites, as well as Joshua Ramos (or w.e JP fiberglass).

JP fiberglass... NEVER again will I buy that. The fiberglass was pourus, so many pin holes, required a ton of trimming and blocking from bad cuts, even needed filler in some areas that the layers of fibers delaminated.

I probably spent 6 - 8 hours of true prep time (plus urethane primer) for 2 Navan rep skirts, and 2 Navan rep valances. (280$ for the set)

Hopefully that helps a little bit, but Ive also seen JP fiberglass have good parts to be fair. Its an absolute crap shoot.

Definitely comes down to little to no quality control for the lower budget brands.
Since someone brought up JP Fiberglass, has anyone had any experience with their BN Type II Replica kit? I have a smashed authentic kit sitting in storage but would honestly rather just spend $800 on the JP rep then deal with the hassle of repairing it if someone can verify that the fitment with the JP kit is reasonably close.

To add to the conversation I've owned/installed kits from Origin, Version Select, and Shine Auto. The Origin Kit fit pretty bad IMO (not horrible but for what it cost I expected better), Version Select was pretty decent but the Shine kit is far and away the best I've ever dealt with. Fitment was spot on and whatever flex agent Shine makes their kits with is tits, I can literally fold the side skirt in half and it wont break.

I've also purchased OEM replica skirts and valences from Dorki Dori and Forcewerkz. Skirts from both fit well, the Forcewerkz Type X Valances that I got do the job but fit and look so-so.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote