Old 06-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #47
Splintercellsz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Splintercellsz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKdcNCYW8g

Okinawa is Freaking brutal man. Just finished reading this book by this Sledge guy, it was real good. Marines are totally badass

I had this better video that was declassified marine footage, that was brutal and realistic and shit, but apparently it is no longer available for my country on youtube.

Strange that I can't watch US marine footage in the US...........

Any way it was a good book.

I also read this book about Shanghai in 1937, called "stalingrad on the yangzhe" or some such thing. It was a pretty good china theater book too. My only problem with it was that the author immediately took sides with the Chinese instead of being unbiased ( especially considering that it was the Chinese that broke truce and started the offensive). Anyway the book was alright, it was funny because throughout the book the author talks about how well the Chinese were doing and all this pro-Chinese stuff and in the end it lists the casualties and its like 300k chinese losses and like 39k japanese.
ya I guess the chinese were doing real good militarily......stupid author.

I also read a great book called Iron Kingdom, about the history of Prussia, which I would also recommend
Look into the TV series called "The Pacific". It's about that book. Great series, I throughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Splintercellsz is offline   Reply With Quote